I though I would share with you the recipe for my cleaner, well I didn’t invent it, but I use it to clean my home. My house mates were surprised with the results, thinking their named brands would be much better. How wrong they were!
This cleaner proved better and got of more dirt off, even after the named brands that claim to ‘Wipe away all dirt’ (or something along those lines) had been used. It is also good for getting rid of ants, fleas and cockroaches. Not much of an issues here in the UK, but worked a treat when I was in Australia.
All you need is
- A empty spray bottle
- 1/4 cup of vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Broax
- Few of drop of natural essence of your choice.
It’s very easy to make, here goes;
- Thoroughly clean out a spray bottle make sure you get out all the nasty harmful chemicals. (You could buy one but I prefer to recycle!)
- Fill it nearly to the top with hot water, from you tap.
- Add 1/4 of a cup of vinegar. I just free pour this in. I’m not one for measuring too much. I use white wine vinegar as it does not smell as much, but you can use any.
- Lastly add 1⁄2 teaspoon borax
- Add a few drop of your natural essence I use pine but it your choice
- Then give it a shake up
- Give the house a good natural clean!
If your in the UK you will find it very hard to purchase Broax! Never quite found out why, something about it been too toxic and part of making explosives. This means shops generally don’t sell it anymore, I feel this is just to make you buy their chemical products, but hey who knows.
Anyway you can purchase it from Intralabs! They are very cheap and will post to your door for a few pounds. They also sell salts and sodium bicarbonate a useful place if you want to make your own natural products, with good info about how to use them to. Intralabs do have to inform the intelligence service that you have purchased Borax which I found quite amusing.
Happy cleaning !!!